What is the frequency of updation of information in your website?
IRDAI has been maintaining its website (www.irdai.gov.in). The site is updated regularly and all the information released by IRDAI is also simultaneously made available on the website.
The information published in public domain includes the following:
- Information about IRDAI (About us ) , Insurers and their products
- Acts, Rules, Regulations, Guidelines, Notifications, Circulars, etc.
- Information about Insurance Advisory Committee, IIB, Surveyor Institute IIISLA , Ombudsman and Insurance Councils.
- Appointed Actuaries and Panel of Actuaries
- Lists / Information of various Intermediaries i.e. Corporate agents, Surveyors, Brokers, Insurance Marketing Firms, Insurance Repositories , Insurance SelfNetwork Platform , POS, Surveyors, Web aggregators and TPA Health Services
- Orders passed by IRDAI
- Warnings and Penalties
- Reports of Committees
- Press Releases and Public Notices
- Annual reports of the Authority and Handbook on Indian Insurance
- Minutes of Board Meetings
- IRDA Journals and supplements
How frequently the contact details of registered entities are updated in our website?
The contact details of registered entities are updated as and when there are changes in the information
How many information websites does IRDAI have?
In addition to the main website www.irdai.gov.in , IRDAI has following websites
- Consumer Education Website : http://www.policyholder.gov.in
- Integrated Grievance Management System : igms.irda.gov.in
- Face book IRDAI Connects : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009479528960&fref=ts
Where do I get information related to Buying Insurance?
The information is available at the following link.
Where do I get information related to making claims?
The information is available at the following links.
How To Make a Claim - Life :
How To Make a Claim - Health :
How To Make a Claim - Motor :
How To Make a Claim - Property :
How To Make a Claim - Travel :
Do you have education material on insurance?
Where do I find the details of tenders related to Information Technology?
1) At IRDAI Website
2) At Govt. of India CPPP portal
In the search menu please select “Organization Name” as under (Instead of abbreviation IRDAI)
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
What do I do in case if I do not find the information which I am looking for?
1) Please use Search Box provided at Top right corner of the home page.
Enter The Keyword to Search
2) For advanced search, please use the following link.
Please send email to email@example.com
Can I make an online complaint of an insurer? Kindly let us know the steps?
The concerned insurer should resolve your complaint within a reasonable time. In case if it is not resolved within 15 days or if you are unhappy with their resolution you can approach the Grievance Redressal Cell of the Consumer Affairs Department of IRDAI:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make use of IRDAI's online portal - Integrated Grievance Management System (IGMS): Register and monitor your complaint at igms.irda.gov.in
- A complaint can lodged with the Insurance Ombudsman under whose territorial jurisdiction the insurer's office falls, at the address given in "CONTACT US". http://ecoi.co.in/ombudsman.html
To whom should I address in case if I have any suggestions regarding improvements in IRDAI's website?
Please send us your valuable feedback and suggestions regarding improvements in IRDAI's website to email@example.com
What is the role of Information Technology Department?
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the operational department of IRDAI in maintaining all the IT resources
- Manage and implementation of IT systems for the use of operational departments to improve efficiency
- Maintaining a stable electronic work environment at IRDAI.
- Providing training to staff on the IT systems implemented.