Dos and Don'ts for Travel Insurance - Policy Holder
Dos and Don'ts for Travel Insurance
Here are some Dos and Don’ts for buying Travel Insurance
1.Plan for your Travel Insurance ahead of time just as you plan for your visa and so on.
2. Take care to fill in the proposal form completely and truthfully after getting the necessary medical tests done and obtaining the medical report as required.
3. Plan for the travel period ahead of time and ensure that your insurance covers the entire period.
4. If you have to extend the period of cover, plan for it before the cover expires and provide the required documents to the insurer.
5. Make sure you have gone through the policy document completely and make a note of the contact details of the agency servicing the claims so that it is handy in the event of an emergency.
6. If you are cutting short your travel period, check your policy to see if you are entitled for a refund.
1.Don’t postpone taking your travel insurance till the last minute.
2. Don’t get pushed into taking a cover only as recommended by your travel agent. Get as much information as possible and exercise your choice.
3. Don’t get tempted to opt for the cheapest cover as it might not meet your needs.